London based Project manager who’s passionate about managing people and projects for success. More than 20 years experience working in IT financial services and investment banking companies. Managed projects for Asset Servicing, Custody, Trading, Settlement and Clearing for multi-platform, multi-million dollar software development projects globally. Proven track record of delivering quality, on schedule and within budget.
- PMP Certified
- PRINCE2 Certified
- American Management Association: Negotiating Skills Certificate.
- New York University: JAVA Programming Certificate.
- Pace University: COBOL II Programming Certificate.
- FOCUS Group: Presentation Skills Certificate.
- University of Cambridge: CELTA (Certified English Language
Teacher to speakers of other languages).
EUROCLEAR, － Brussels, Belgium
- Managed IT projects from pre-business case conception to production delivery and post production maintenance. Projects ranged from new business efforts, critical forced projects, client requests, acquisitions, technical upgrades and global collaborations with external parties.
- Responsible for producing business case and obtaining approval from the Board by bringing all stakeholders together to encourage buy-in and get sign-off
- Prepared project overview for presentation to bidders and hiring of vendors. Gave key input to decide on the ratings score for external vendors.
- Setting up the project team, making profile requests and schedule demands, managing resource allocation, including outsourcing teams from Accenture and Capgemini.
- Ensure the project work remained aligned with the business case objectives and adapted them as needed when company strategic goals shifted.
- Managed the business requirements scope, design, build and test phases and was responsible for production launch success and post-launch support.
- Wrote and collaborated the post implementation report with input from key stakeholders. Co-wrote benefits reports with the project sponsor.
- Used LEAN methodology daily and scrum/agile methods when required.
- Wrote and gave appraisals for project team members: Team sizes ranged from 6-35 resources.
- Performed the role of QA manager with other project managers for monthly reporting to the board enabling them to take executive decisions regarding projects’ health status.
BANK OF NEW YORK, － New York, NY
- IT project manager who deployed a customised version of NCS (a TCS package for Corporate Actions, Income and Tax services). Managed requirements scope, created project plans, ensured alignment with the business objectives and mitigated project risks. Managed design discussions with application owners who interfaced with the package, in London, New York and Brussels. Managed the TCS relationship locally and in India and obtained and approved development and test effort estimates for budget approval.
- Coordinated release management with the TCS and in-house DBAs.
- Responsible for post-implementation warranty support.
- Took on role of Lead Project QA rep to enhance the software process improvement group (SPI) for five applications, custody, domestic and global trading and settlements and taxes.
- Responsible for preparing project teams for Bank internal audits with compliance and external SOX audits with Ernst & Young.
DEUTSCHE BANK AG, 1211 Ave. of Americas － New York, NY
- Planned, contributed to and managed business requirements for a global multi-currency trading and settlement system, DB Trader. The software was built to accommodate multi-entity usage across the Bank globally.
- Managed a 5 person team to implement Y2K and Euro conversion for corporate actions system.
- Wrote requirements to implement T+1 for trading and settlement.
- Estimated BA project budgets, schedule and resources needed.
- Single point of contact for business requirements and release management between IT and Ops in Frankfurt and New York.
- Prepared data models for Settlement, Corporate Actions, SWIFT Messaging, Capital Gains for Tax Lot Accounting and In-house Matching business functions.
- Facilitated UAT, integration, regression and stress testing among the BA group.
SALOMON SMITH BARNEY, New York, NY
- Performed quantitative and qualitative analysis on Food and Beverage stocks, evaluating debt/equity offering for M&A porftolio. Worked with the syndicate desk to bring deals to a close.
- Analyzed company financials, profiles, business models, capitalization rations, measured net worth, projected earnings and risk analysis for merging or acquiring companies.
- Negotiated with prospect clients and acted as liaison between client and prospect M&A companies.
MUTUAL OF AMERICA – Investment Dept, 666 Fifth Ave. － New York, NY
- Analyzed equity stock for buy-side trading floor portfolios.
- Researched in-house funds by interacting daily with institutional sales reps to formulate investment opportunities.
- maintained an in-house asset allocation model for use by the fund managers. Marked-to-market positions for fund managers and accounting.
- Prepared SEC filings for proxy voting and SEC audits.
JP Morgan Chase, Private Banking, New York, NY
- Analyzed loan packages for Private Banking clients and prepared client mortgage portfolios by individual financial assessments.
- Reconciled statements issues, provided financial vehicle advice to invest.
- PMI: Project Management Institute Professional.
- PMI Chapter London: Project Management Institute London Chapter
- Toast Masters London.
- BELTA: Belgian English Language Teachers Association.